VACANCY! ESTATE PLANNER
Responsible Life are excited to be recruiting for an Estate Planner to join our Head Office team based in Royal William Yard, Plymouth on a full time, permanent basis. We are one of the UK’s leading Equity Release Mortgage brokers with huge growth plans ahead. Since our formation in 2010 we have steadily grown to become a leading financial services employer in the region and are now looking for the right person to grow the Estate Planning side of the business.
The successful candidate will have an LLB (Hon’s) Law degree with ambitions to manage their own Estate Planning team in the future and have the drive to grow professionally with us as we continue to move forward. Main responsibilities include taking instruction and fact finding to prepare and then draft Wills and Lasting Power of Attorneys in order to meet our client’s requirements and advising the client on the best clauses to include in their Will and LPAs.
We are looking for someone who is pro-active who will work closely with the marketing team when designing new materials and suggest improvements for campaigns to increase business flow. Excellent communication skills both in writing and over the phone are essential.
Accountabilities, responsibilities and main duties:
- Establishing contact with clients following referral
- Manage own diary to book in client referrals
- Taking instruction from clients and fully understanding their needs
- Analyse client’s circumstance to establish suitable solutions for their individual needs
- Provide information in line with each individual client’s objectives and circumstances on the preparation of a draft Will and or a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Confirm acceptability of draft with Client, prepare final document, send to client and register with appropriate organisation on completion
- Ensure that records are kept in line with Responsible Life’s policies
- Take a proactive approach to Continuous Professional Development
- Other ad-hoc duties as and when required
- Future leadership and mentoring of junior members of the team
Qualifications and Experience:
- LLB (Hons) Law (Essential)
- Previous experience drafting Lasting Power of Attorneys (Desirable)
- Member of an appropriate professional body or willingness to obtain, eg STEP.
- Experience within the legal environment (Desirable)
- CILEX Level 3 (Desirable)
- SWWEPP Will and Estate Planning Certificate (Desirable)
- Competitive base salary
- Bonus Scheme
- Continued professional development
- First Class Office environment based within Royal William Yard.
- 28 days holiday including bank holiday.
The position is working Monday-Friday, 40 hours a week.
This position represents a great opportunity for someone to make a real impact for us in what will be to start a standalone role. If you feel you have the required skill set and qualities for this role it would be great to receive your application.